Boston Renewables have an excellent opportunity for an electrical apprentice to join a small team providing design, installation and maintenance services for solar pv arrays. You will work under our NICEIC Qualified Supervisor and you can expect to be actively involved in all elements of solar pv development.
Boston Renewables provide a complete turnkey service for the design, planning, installation and maintenance of solar pv arrays, wind turbines and battery storage systems.
Customer satisfaction and safety are our two major priorities. We pride ourselves in the quality of our workmanship and our professional, polite and honest approach. All of our work is guaranteed and we carry out each job safely, diligently and efficiently to ensure that our clients receive a high quality, cost effective service that fully meets their needs and expectations.
- ISO 9001,14001, 45001.
- NICEIC Approved Contractor
The successful candidate will assist in the design, installation, maintenance and repair of industrial and commercial-scale solar pv arrays. The role will be based in Beverley with occasional need to work away for short periods of time. Applicants with some existing electrical work experience, a keenness to learn and take responsibility are preferred. We are looking for a person with enthusiasm and a positive attitude to develop and become an integral part of our renewable energy development business.
Duties will include:
- Engaging in the design of solar pv arrays using specialist software
- Working indoors and outdoors on commercial, industrial and agricultural sites
- Working at height. This is a regular part of the role and you will be suitably trained to GWO standards
- Compiling bills of materials and equipment
- Carrying out installation and maintenance tasks under the supervision of a qualified electrician until such time as your qualification allows unsupervised work
- Inspecting and testing electrical installations and diagnosing and rectifying faults on a range of circuits and equipment
- Assisting with statutory testing
- Making sure that Health and Safety is at the forefront of everything you do
- Developing good working relationships with people
- Keeping tools, work and stores areas clean and tidy
You will undertake Installation electrician/maintenance electrician Level 3 qualification.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- GCSE grade A-C in Maths & English – level 5/6 on the new grading system
- A full UK driving license
- A good level of ICT knowledge
Desired skills and qualities
- An ability to pay close attention to detail, follow instructions and abide by Health & Safety requirements
- Good practical skills to work with hand and power tools
- A structured and methodical approach to work
- The ability to follow technical drawings and instructions
- A commitment to keep up to date with industry developments
- Good communication and organisation skills
- An enquiring mind with ability to solve problems
- The ability to work at height
- Normal colour vision
- Enthusiasm for the renewable energy sector and electrical trade
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Good practical aptitude with pride in work undertaken
- Self-motivated, helpful, polite and efficient
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of the work
Applicants are required to be over the age of 18.
We’re dedicated to supporting the development of our employees. Therefore, if successful in the role, you will be given the opportunity to develop and progress your career with us. Over our many years of employing apprentices, we have offered permanent positions to 90% on completion of their apprenticeship. Many of the people that have come through the Apprenticeship route now have pivotal roles within the organisation and continue to undertake further professional training and development.
If you’re interested, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org